Friday, July 6, 2012

Hello, old friend.




Talk about a silver lining.

A couple of years ago, I used to eat a dry/wet mix. Dan used to say that eating just dry food was tantamount to eating dry toast. At the time, I took his word for it.* Then, almost out of the blue, the peeps decided to discontinue the melange, opting to serve only kibble (albeit, very tasty kibble).

I learned to supplement with food I'd find on walks; there are fewer restaurants on our new routes, but way more good home cookin'. 

I've also become a very skilled at begging – although "getting Dan and Tiia to fork over some of their dinner" is "taking candy from a baby" in canine. 

That leads us to earlier this week, when Dan gave me some undercooked chicken. In all fairness, he also gave it to himself – although I'm sure he's not seeing it as very fair. After a few days of nothing good at all, we went to the vet, who prescribed...wait for it...MY WET FOOD!!!

The key is gonna be getting it back long term, which is already looking like a problem because I'm feeling way better. I overheard rumblings of Cobb Salad tonight, though. The dream lives.

* I've since eaten dry toast. It sucks.






No comments: