Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Nine Months of Awesome



Dan: Sit down for a second, Maui. We have to talk.
Maui: What's up, daddy-o?
Dan: Yeah, about that. Y'know how you've been top banana around here for a while? That's gonna be changing pretty soon.
Maui: I figured as much with all the new baby stuff lying about. I'm pretty excited  — the other dogs told me all about the Nine Months of Awesome!
Dan: The what?
Maui: You know...the time before the baby comes where we get to do everything I've always wanted before you have no more time for me.
Dan: Um....
Maui: Don't worry, I've got our itinerary covered.  I figure we'd hit the cottage for a few days because you guys sucked with taking me swimming this summer (uh...hello...WATER dog???). After that, I have a Cheese Makers of the World tour mapped out for us!
Dan: Wait...I have to...
Maui: Hold on, you're gonna love this. Now I know you think I'm gonna say we start in Oka, but I'm actually thinking we go west and start in New Zealand; apparently their Sunset Blue is a...
Dan: MAUI!
Maui: What?
Dan: We're adopting a baby. It's a boy. And he's coming next week.
Maui: silence
Dan: Do you have anything you'd like to ask?
Maui: What about my Nine Months of Awesome?
Dan: The best I can offer you a Kingsmeade Sunset Blue IOU.
Maui: Best offer?
Dan: Best offer.
Maui: I'll take it, but under formal protest.
Dan: Noted.

No comments: