Monday, October 7, 2013

My very own Maui Doll.



This is the Yurkenbaum signature gift for new people. It's called the Maui Doll. It's more of a spiritual likeness.

I loved when Milo came so we could finally have a Maui Doll of our own. Then I found out that it's actually called Licorice The Dog. It came as quite the shock, but I'm nothing if not a dog of action. Since at least 40 people know him as the Maui Doll now, I'm pleading my case to blabla. Here it goes:

Five Good Reasons To Rename Him The Maui Doll

5. We sent one to Noah and Ebba in Sweden, where 'licorice' is pronounced 'lakritsrot'. That's probably a mouthful for them, even without all that yummy lakritsrot.

4. Dan and Tiia buy them in Kol-Kid, and they don't let real dogs in. That's seven years of being taunted by (who I thought was) my namesake; only being able to appreciate him from afar. It was difficult, especially in the winter.

3. If you have to say it's a dog, it doesn't look enough like a dog. Like when Fox News says they're fair and balanced.

2. Stewie. I love Charlie (and you'd love her too), but she's gotta learn.

1. Our ears are similarly shaped. Which reminds me that I haven't had a good ear scratch in a while. Milo has long fingers. This bodes well for the future.


No comments: