Monday, March 26, 2018

And we're back.

Well...it's been a long while since I jumped on here, but I'm gonna have some time now (hopefully more than less), so why not jump back in, right?



That's me and Dan and Dundas West Animal Hospital this morning. I've been coming here for a while, but more frequently recently as I've developed a nasty case of cancer in my leg. And from what I understand, they're going to be removing it today. This was obviously quite a shock to me, and more so for Dan and Tiia who haven't been handling the news particularly well.

But I think it's important, as I get back into this blogging thing, that I'm up front and honest : this is100% the right thing for me (because, as Dan likes to say, the alternative is much worse). As much as I'd like to see Woofy and Jackson and Diana and Cairo again, I'm not quite ready yet. So Tiia, please know that I'm not upset about this. 

Now, having said all that, I do have a few demands:

1. More cheese.
I used to get a lot of it. I used to dream about it. But then one of vets here (I won't name names) said the amount I was getting was "bad for me" or something like that. But, I mean, come on...

2. More frisbee.
Over the last few years, Dan and Tiia have been worried about my blowing out an ankle or a knee so they've been less inclined to fire the frisbee down the hill. Enough of that. I've worked pretty hard to become a frisbee dog, and one less leg isn't going to stop me. So if you bring it, so will I.

3. More questions.
Back when I was blogging a bit more regularly, I'd get some doozies. Keep'em coming! I have all the time in world now to answer them.

4. No more fentanyl
That was not fun.

Ok...I think that's it for now. It's time to go from four to three. I'll be back with an update in a bit.

Much love...and glad to be back at this. I think it's good for me. I'm sure it's good for Tiia. And I know it's good for Dan.

PS: Happy birthday Uncle Peter!

3 comments:

zaldin said...

One love Maui. Love the Zaldin’s.

Stained Glass by Chris said...

Scout and I are routing for you Maui! Wishing you a speedy recovery! Please tell Dan and Tiia that we have an amazing TCM patent herbal that works miracles post-surgery and can pop over with it. YUNAN BAIYAO XOX <3

Maui said...

: )