Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A correction.


A few years ago, I got an interesting Ask The Maui Monster question about preparing for life with kids. My last piece of advice to him was:

"As for becoming second fiddle, I don't think you have to worry. But just in case, you may want to be extra nice. I, for example, have started spending nights on the floor next to the bed rather than on it, draped over Dan and Tiia. I'm sure this gesture will not go unnoticed when their time comes."

I'd like to redact this, as nothing about it was accurate. I became second fiddle immediately, then third fiddle shortly thereafter. Also, sleeping on the floor? Yeah right.

On a related note, Milo told Dan the other day that he thought he was a cat person. I wonder if that means we're getting a cat?

I can't be fourth fiddle.



No comments: