Thursday, January 3, 2013

With age comes wisdom




I tried out the salt and pepper look the other day. I'm almost seven now, and I wanted to know I could rock it if it comes. Consider it rocked.

The poster at the vet's office says seven is when dogs become 'old', but I don't feel older. I do feel wiser, though. For example, I've recently learned that I can avoid the salt on the sidewalk by just walking on the adjacent snow-covered lawn.

I can also avoid sidewalks with no adjacent snow-covered lawn by just refusing to go. Dan and Tiia backtrack and find another way. I got the idea to do that one morning while sprawled out in our king-sized bed as Tiia was up against the edge and Dan was basically hanging off it. They're so accommodating – but I learned that a long time ago.

No comments: