Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Zigzaggery



This is the rug in Milo's room. It's probably my favourite non-king-sized-bed surface in the house. That honour used to go to the white bear-skin carpet, but then I had a dream I was being chased by a polar bear through the Plains of Abraham and now it kind of freaks me out.

The pattern makes me a bit dizzy every time I look at it, which is why I try to keep my eyes closed when I'm on it. The downside to that, of course, is that I can't prepare for the swat I inevitably get from Milo. I know it's meant to be a gentle loving pet, and it's not that it hurts, but it can be a bit jarring when I don't see it coming.

Now, I know what you're thinking: "Why don't you just lie on your back with your eyes open so you don't see the carpet, but you can still keep an eye on Milo?" Short answer...I can't upstage the boy with cuteness in his own bedroom. That would be wrong. But in my bedroom*, all bets are off.




* it's so cute that Dan and Tiia still refer to it as their bedroom.

No comments: