Sunday, January 18, 2015

Maui at Home with the Gosevii

The peeps and I used to have the same conversation every time they got an invite to the Gosevitz cottage:

Me: Can I come this time? I'm a great cottage dog. I'm cute. I'm quiet. I'll warm their hearts during the day and their feet at night. 
Them: We told them. No dice.
Me: Well, then out of solidarity, I think you should decline the invite. 
Them: Are you kidding? Have you seen their place?
Me: Really? 

I'm pleased to report that I have a feeling that I'm pretty sure there's a really good chance I'll probably never have to have that conversation again. Out of the blue, Mrs. G decided to let me join the Peacock Road party and it was everything I always imagined it to be: plush carpets to sleep on, warm wooden floors to lie on and a beautiful view to wake up to. I think I fit right in.



Now that I've been to this lovely home, I can see why Mrs. G was hesitant all these years. Mrs. G, you should know that I took the honour of being invited very seriously. I didn't hop up on any pieces of furniture, not even the super plush den couches. I made sure Dan wiped my feet down every time I came back in from the snow. And because I was sharing space with your beautiful granddaughter, I barked at every stranger who came to the door to make sure they were on the up and up. All good.

Thank you so much for letting me visit. It made my weekend. It made every one of those conversations with Dan and Tiia worth it. And it's given my mission to create a dog-friendly world a real shot in the arm. As Rocky Balboa said to the people of Moscow after knocking out Ivan Drago: if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.




No comments: