Sunday, July 18, 2010

Road Trip 2010: Day 1

"Maui, we're gonna hit the road at 8 am sharp; so make sure you go to sleep early." That was the last thing Tiia said to me last night. I figured that meant we'd be on the road by 9. Wound up being 10:47. Gotta love Yurkenbaum Standard Time.

Our first stop was Cornwall where I got a chance to stretch my legs, play a bit of frisbee and get Dan all flustered again by not eating my lunch (a fun game no matter what area code you're in). After that we continued on to our first stop on the tour – the jewel of la belle provence and my home town – Quebec City.

After checking in and finally eating, we went out for a walk around and it was just like I remembered; except for the Rammstein concert going on in the park across the road from the hotel. Seriously.


The air in Quebec is basically the same at 100 km/h


The perfect end to a long day in the car.

No comments: