Thursday, July 22, 2010

Road Trip 2010: Day 5

Back in Quebec City, Tiia and Dan bought me an edible bone to keep me busy in the hotel room when they left for dinner. Apparently, they didn't think I could hang out by myself (or they thought I'd figure out how to order room service). What they didn't bank on was the bone giving me serious runs at 4:45 in the morning two days later in Wolfville, NS. That'll teach them not to trust me.

After the tummy boo boo and a tour of Acadia University, we pushed on to Halifax and the best hotel yet. The room is huge, we're right on the water and the concierge gave me treats. When the peeps went out for dinner tonight, I was gonna call down for a few more, but the king size bed and 1000 thread-count sheets were treat enough. Besides, I'm sure Dan'll get me more tomorrow. He's good like that.


Breakfast in the rain in the Acadia parking lot. No time for ambience when you're on the road.


Snacks outside Pier 21 in Halifax. This is where Gramma Helen landed when she came to Canada. You can tell, too – it's very clean.

No comments: